In using the door, you may encounter many problems, such as forgetting the key.
At this point, you need to remove the Deadbolt lock to be able to enter or exit your home or office. We will provide several methods to do this.
How this article might work will depend on the specific situation. If you don’t have the keys and are stuck in the house, you need a bobby pin to solve the best.
We have suggestions on how to unlock a deadbolt right below.
Let’s explore together!
How To Unlock A Deadbolt?
Guide to unlock (link)
With bobby pins
If you’ve been in a similar Deadbolt lock situation before, using bobby pins is the most common way anyone has ever experienced. It is perfect for the case where you need to unlock the door while in the room.
Many people wonder how to handle bobby pins’ small size and bent parts. It is a complicated process, but you can completely do it by following these steps:
- Step 1: Prepare two pins; their standard length is about 2 cm. The job of this product is to be able to insert the pin into the keyhole more easily.
- Step 2: Clean the pins, and remove the rubber ball at the end (if any).
- Step 3: You need to bend a part or pin the bobby to form an “L” shape when letting the two legs of the pin form a 90-degree angle.
- Step 4: Next, you will keep the other stick open to let the pin pass through the pinhole and pull the clamp of the padlock.
- Step 5: Make the “L” stick you made earlier towards the keyhole (bottom part) and insert your open dowel into the upper part.
- Step 6: You apply pressure to the side with one folding pin and, at the same time, move the other pin corresponding to the same pressure. You need to do these steps 6 certain times until the clip inside moves slightly.
- Step 7: If it moves, you need to remove the keyhole’s opening pin, then rotate the keyhole using the “L” shape until it unlocks. Also, remove the bent latch.
You need to go through the entire complex process of the seven steps above with the utmost care. It helps you preserve the key without causing any damage, and you can continue to use it.
Also, it only takes a few minutes to perform this method if you lose your key.
With a screwdriver
Another method that can help you unlock if you are inside the room is to use a screwdriver. It is one of the most convenient devices and is powerful enough to open the deadlock when the internal locking clamp is rotated. However, you need to follow the following procedure correctly.
Step 1: Prepare
The preparation step is simple, but the most important thing in determining your work outcome. Therefore, you need to choose a suitable screwdriver because not all products on the market or in stock are ideal for deadbolt locks.
Here are a few things to consider:
- Make sure the length of the screwdriver is capable of touching the pin clamp.
- Prepare a thick tool for easy access to the keyhole.
- Use screws with a good grip to get the job done
- Ensure the tool is not damaged or not strong enough
- Check out if the control head is straight
Step 2: Add the driver to the keyhole
This work needs to be done in the following steps:
- It would help if you had more key edge tool
- Next, make sure the flat edge touches the locking clamp
- Then you need to apply a small amount of force to make the blocks roll up.
Step 3: Perform screwdriver rotation
Once the tools are in place and the lock, you need to use a small amount of force to turn the lock pin clockwise and try again until successful.
With A Credit Card
With A Credit Card (link)
Some people don’t use bobby pins or leave screwdrivers in their bedroom or office. They keep them in the warehouse. At this point, the best solution is to use a credit card to unlock the lock or a similarly shaped plastic card.
However, you need to know that this card only works with spring-loaded latch locks, and with other locks, it’s not the ideal solution. You need to ensure the utmost care and patience. Specific implementation notes:
- Step 1: Prepare a credit card or similar plastic card: These can be membership cards of services or malls. Ideally, the card should have multiple layers and be the most sturdy. The plastic tag should be of sufficient length and be able to touch the latch of the door latch.
- Step 2: You insert the card towards the opening of the door and, at the same time, latch the door latch to lock the door.
- Step 3: Next, shake and push the card into the keyhole and attach the top of the card to the pin.
- Step 4: Finally, you need to fold the card away from the latch to open and complete the process. On the first try, it may not work, and you should try a few more times. In addition, the knife is also a tool to help you unlock.
With a drill
After doing the above three methods without success, try this last method.
However, be aware of using this solution when it is urgent, and you cannot test all of the above procedures.
Specifically, some safety precautions include:
- Step 1: You need to wear gloves and look for information and procedures before doing so to minimize and prevent possible risks.
- Step 2: At the same time, prepare the sanded drill and add the drill bit. This detail needs to belong, be sharp, and have stability. Besides, make sure the bit is attached to the machine securely.
- Step 3: You should reduce friction by lubricating the drill bit and the outer edge of the keyhole.
- Step 4: Insert the drill bit into the middle of the keyhole and turn on the drill button. Then it would help if you pushed it slowly to add the bit to the keyhole.
- Step 5: Remove the machine and lubricant after a few seconds.
- Step 6: You repeat the same until the unlock is successful.
Can a deadbolt lock be picked?
Yes, you can completely choose the door latch lock according to your preference. However, make sure it’s not deadlocked from the inside. The job of the locking pin is to secure the bolt and prevent the plug from rotating. It means that if you have the key, you cannot open the door from the outside.
How do you force a deadbolt to open?
You can open a deadbolt with a regular key. However, in cases where you have lost or forgotten your keys, the ways the article provided will be helpful. These include bobby pins, screwdrivers, plastic cards, and a drill.
How do you pick a deadbolt with a knife?
With a knife (link)
You can completely open the door with a kitchen knife. It is similar to using a credit card in the above section.
Specifically, you need to insert the knife deepest into the lock until you feel it touching the back of the lock.
Then, using a light force, rotate the tool similar to turning the key.
It can apply a binding force to the latches and help bring the latches to a height where the correct key will raise them and be able to open the door.
The article has provided some ways to help you unlock a deadbolt. They are not simple tasks, but you absolutely can do them. Make sure you have enough patience and time to finish. We hope the above information is useful to you.
Thank you for reading!